Saturday, December 27, 2008

I love the internet and where it can bring you.

When I first got connected over (gulp!) 11 years ago (yes it did exist back in the stone age) most people had no idea what it was, back then there were only a few million pages. God I could have surfed it in an afternoon >:¬}.
Now with billions of pages there is not enough in a lifetime. I know between my blog and the websites my company creates (have to do a new one for it) at FBI we are adding at least a hundred pages a day between all the clients and their CMS (content management systems).

But the old fashioned browsing still can't beat finding new and cool sites. I am trying to spend atleast a few hours a week just browsing to see what I can find, cool sites, interesting items, or whatever. What I like, I will now StumbleUpon Page, http://del.icio.us/alexgogan it or Digg it. But the great thing is sometimes in Blogs or sites you read you find an interesting post, comment or link an want to find out some more. A few days a go I was reading (love the blog) As she says herself she is... Just a Girl in short shorts talking about whatever Observations and commentary by a post-modern neo-feminist libertarian cyberpunk on society, culture, politics and whatever. But from there she brought me to AdSense Tracker - A blog about blogging, the blogosphere, Web 2.0 and anything else I decide to write about.. Both of these sites are now my daily reading (well when they post something at least). AdSense Tracker because she has some excellent hints, tips advice and links to other relevant sites on blogging, and promotions and you know that she is not writing these posts with a prior agenda to earn money from clicks, downloading ebooks or whatever (while I am on the subject click on of the links and earn me some money but subscribe to my feed first
>:¬}.

But in reading her blog and a few others I have increased visits here 100% in the last week, and I know if I had more time I would be able to do so much more (maybe Christmas 2018 I will get the time). But I noticed an interesting site from Adsense Tracker called Fechr where they promise decent free traffic over 24 hours. Now I will take a look at this and see what happens, an update this post if there is anything interesting in the traffic. Hope so though, for me and for them, cause it then proves their business model.. hell if it works for me it must work for many other more deserving sites >:¬}

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites